Reasons to Support Us
- The proposed Lidl will provide a qualitative and quantitative improvement in food shopping in the west of Herne Bay where there is currently a lack of foodstores
- The proposed Lidl will create 40 new jobs. Lidl have a strong commitment to their employees and were the first supermarket operator to adopt the Living Wage (in October 2015).
- The new store will improve choice and promote competition with up to 30% cost savings;
- Lidl stock a variety of unique product lines which are not available from other mainstream retailers; and
- Lidl is the highest performing supermarket in the UK with 80% of its British fresh produce bearing the Red Tractor logo¹, so you can be assured that you are buying British.
- The proposed development will provide a high-quality building, sustainable building.
- The modern building will provide a light, spacious sales area, with full height glazing to the eastern elevation, and will be constructed using high quality materials.
- Additional landscaping will be provided that will improve the appearance of the site and encourage bio-diversity.
- Sustainable construction techniques will be employed as well as the use of sustainable materials;
- Lidl operate a highly energy efficient business with a strong commitment to recycling and the use of energy efficient equipment and techniques within the store to reduce carbon emissions; and
- The store will serve a residential catchment, and will be easily accessible by a choice of modes of transport, including on foot and bicycle as a result of the improved path.